Product Description for THIN LIZZY Instant Brush Cleaner with Free Mystery Gift
- Cleans and dries brushes in as little as 30 seconds
- Brushes are ready to reuse right away
- Quick and easy to use
- Hygienically cleans the bristles minimizing potential skin breakouts and flare-ups
Attaching the Brush to the Spinner.
- Choose your brush. Note what type of makeup is on the brush (water-soluble or non-soluble).
- Choose the collar that best fits the brush (there are 8 to choose from). Push the brush into the collar so that it is held securely and is straight.
NOTE: Washing the Thin Lizzy Blurring Brush. Attach the Suction Cup onto the back of the Thin Lizzy Blurring Brush, pressing firmly to create an air-tight seal. Then attach the best-fitting collar.
- Push the Spindle into the triangular hole on the other end of the collar. Check that all components are now connected securely and assembly is straight. Adjust connection if required.
NOTE: If assembly is not straight, this will cause the brush to wobble and affect cleaning performance.
Filling the Bowl
For water-soluble makeup (e.g. blusher, bronzer, loose powder) add a small amount (5ml) of your favourite anti-bacterial liquid soap to the bowl. Fill the bowl with water until the water-level is half the height of the bristles you want to clean.
NOTE: If you are unsure if the makeup on the brush is water-soluble, test-wash in water first. If the brush is not completely clean, wash the brush in accordance with the non-soluble instructions.
For non-soluble makeup (e.g. liquid and cream foundation), depending on brush size add 10 – 20ml of makeup brush cleaner to the bowl. If you prefer to make your own cleaner, we have included a number of natural makeup brush cleaner recipes (refer to the section on Natural Makeup Brush Cleaners.
Cleaning & Drying
- Gently dunk the bristles up and down in the liquid. Gently massage the brush onto the base of the bowl for 5 – 10 seconds to open up the bristles slightly. Work the liquid through the bristles.
- After 5 – 10 seconds, immerse the bristles just below the surface of the liquid, press and hold down the power button.
- Gently raise and lower the brush for 10 seconds, keeping the bristles submerged just below the surface of the liquid.
TIP: Keep the brush just above the bottom of the bowl. DO NOT push the brush onto the bottom of the bowl as this will cause the brush to wobble. If you continue to push, the brush will ultimately stop spinning.
- Gradually lift the spinning brush out of the liquid, but NOT from the bowl. Leave the brush to spin above the liquid. As you lift the brush from the dirty liquid, the bristles will splay outward, spinning the liquid and dirt out the brush.
Let the brush spin above the liquid for 10-20 seconds then release the power button and check the bristles for dryness.
If the Brush/Spinner assembly is not straight, the brush may start to wobble, rattling against the side of the bowl. If this happens, loosen your grip and gently place your forefinger on the top of the Spinner. If this does not resolve the problem, dismantle all components and re-assemble.
Non-soluble make-up may take longer to clean and dry, depending on the density of the brush and how much makeup build-up there is. If the bristles are not as dry as you would like, spin the brush for another 10 seconds.
WARNING: We recommend you do not spin the brush for longer than 10-20 seconds at a time, as over-spinning the brush may cause damage. Once the Brush is clean and dry to your satisfaction, disassemble all components and place the Collar on the Base. Remove the Neck from the Bowl, and wash the Neck and Bowl by hand in warm, soapy water.
Natural Makeup Brush Cleaners Recipes
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons vodka or rubbing alcohol
- ½ teaspoon sweet almond oil or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons castile soap
- 20 drops tea tree oil
- 250ml storage container
Pour all ingredients, except the water, in to the storage container.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 drops lemon juice or essential oil
Combine ingredients in a glass jar. When cooled to warm, add desired amount to the bowl.
Other natural mixtures
- 5ml antibacterial soap and a teaspoon of olive oil
- 5 – 10 ml baby shampoo
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 1 teaspoon olive oil, juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid, 1 teaspoon coconut oil