Product Description for Mutaflor Probiotics 100 Capsules
Mutaflor® Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917 entered the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods in February 2012 and is still today the only probiotic in Australia registered at AUST R level.
Mutaflor® is registered in Australia for the relief and management of chronic constipation. Your healthcare practitioner may also utilise this strain for its pharmacological, metabolic and immunomodulation properties.
Strain-Specific Characteristics of Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917.
- The ability to colonize 1,2,3,4,5
- Antagonistic activity – Inhibition of growth and or killing of pathogens 6,7,8
- Anti-invasive – prevention of colonisation in the gut by pathogens 9
- Synthesis of endogenous antimicrobial peptides-defensins 10,11
- Mucosal integrity – contributing to luminal metabolism and stability of intestinal milieu-enhanced epithelial barrier function 12,13,14
- Anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects 15,16,17,18
- Stimulation of colonic mucosa 19,20,21