Product Description for Flixonase Allergy and Hayfever 24 Hour Nasal Spray
Love the outdoors but not the allergies? FLIXONASE® Allergy & Hayfever Relief provides targeted relief from nasal allergy symptoms.
Flixonase outperforms allergy tablets.1-3 Used only once daily, FLIXONASE® Allergy & Hayfever Relief offers 24-hour relief from annoying symptoms: sneezing, an itchy, runny or blocked nose and sinus pain and congestion. Its non-drowsy formula works directly at the source where you need it most, to treat and prevent hayfever and nasal allergies.
- Australian Medicines Handbook 2016, 2. Bousquet J et al. Allergy 2008, 3. Wallace DV et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol
When using this product you may experience:
– Unpleasant taste or smell
– A dry or irritated throat or nose
– Rare instances of glaucoma and increased intra-ocular pressure have been reported following administration of intranasal corticosteroids, as a class effect.
– Candidiasis of the throat can occur in patients treated with intranasal steroids. Special care should be taken when treating patients who may be susceptible to candida infections (eg diabetics).
Stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor immediately if:
– You experience an allergic reaction such as skin rashes and itching, sometimes with breathing problems or swelling of the lips, tongue, throat, or face
– You get new changes to your vision that develop after starting this product. There have been rare reports of eye problems such as cataracts or glaucoma in people who have used large amounts of corticosteroids over a period of several years.
– You get small holes (perforations) in the ridge inside the nose that separates the nostrils
IF YOU USE MORE MEDICINE THAN RECOMMENDED:
Seek medical advice
There are a few medicines to look out for because they may cause the level of FLIXONASE® Allergy & Hayfever Relief in your body to become too high.
Medicines for HIV infection(such as ritonavir) – Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using FLIXONASE® Allergy & Hayfever Relief.
Tablets for fungal infection (such as keroconazole) – Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using FLIXONASE® Allergy & Hayfever Relief.
Active Ingredient: Fluticasone propionate 50mcg per spray
Preservative: Phenylethyl alcohol 2.5ul /g, Benzalkonium chloride 0.2 mg/g
Fluticasone propionate 50mcg per spray
- for adults 18 years and over .
• do not use in children under 18 years old unless on the advice of a doctor .
• please read the accompanying leaflet before use .
• shake gently before use .
• discard 3 months after first using .